Thursday, June 19, 2014

Obedience: Season of Separation

As I read today's devotional in "Called to Conquer", the key verse, Genesis 12:1 said, "Get out of your country, from your family and from your father's house, to a land that I will show you." My mind immediately went back to a recent conversation I had with my aunt about how when I moved to Atlanta in 2008, I was still carrying my family's problems and burdens on top of my own burdens. Outside of that, I was trying to build a life for myself and most importantly enjoy life. Not completely separating myself in spirit from my family caused much stress for four years straight. It finally caught up with me in 2012 when I went through a burnt out period. I had several deaths in the family, and stress from school and work. I also experienced a situation the year before that I never dealt with. I never spoke of it, but I believe I went through a depression. I had trouble getting up in the morning for work and everything seemed unreal. Instead of me placing all of my cares in God, I just carried it and threw myself in work and school. My spiritual life was dead. Yeah I was attending church but I wasn't consistently talking to God one on one. It wasn't until God removed those things I was focused on (job, school, friends), that I realized my family and other situations have to be placed in God's hands. He is the only one that can fix those situations. The more I gave Him my stuff, the more I was able to focus and see things clearly. Yes, I love my family, but I love God more and I choose to trust Him during this period of separation. The same thing stands for friendship. So anyone, who is reading this, DO NOT delay your season by holding on to distractions and hindrances. Obey God and step into your Canaan. Enjoy your season of separation.

God bless,

MissQuvi

No comments:

Post a Comment