Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Origin of "Lequvia"

This is a random post about the origin of my unique first name. When I was born, my mother decided to name me a unique name because she didn't want me to have an "old-fashioned, country" name like hers and my father's. Throughout my life, my name was spelled "Lequavia" but pronounced Laquivia by my mother. I was told that it was the correct spelling and that the hospital didn't take note, which was typical for children with unique names. In school, my peers called me everything but the pronunciation, lol. It wasn't until I was in my second year of college, I decided to change the spelling back to Lequvia which is on my birth certificate. Before making that change, my school had a free event where students could have a free name certicate done. I was excited to see what it said:

Lequavia, origin: unique, meaning: "divine gift"

Majestic: a person of great luminescence

Personality: she radiates charm and warmth

Genuine: one whose words run deep

Style: a humble champion

Ability: she experiments with new ideas

Character: never impatient with others

Sentiment: will give her all to succeed

Physical: rides on the highest waves

Interesting....fast forward 5 years, I had a great conversation with a church member. He mentioned that he has a software that does name analyses. By that time my name is spelled, Lequvia.  Here's what the analysis says:

Lequvia, origin: individual, meaning: "A Gift of God"

Emotion- is even tempered most of the time.

Honesty- reputation is beyond reproach.

Charisma- barrel of laughs.

Relationships- if you want a best friend then there is none better.

Recreation- likes to visit new places.

Opportunity- career choices are easy.

Personal Profile

You are a good observer, making a mental note of what is said or done; though you might appear to be in a dream, you simply choose not to comment. You are an instinctive helper of others, someone who needs to be of service. You may express this through your job(which may be a vocation), your family life or the way you fill your spare time. As a result, you are usually given plenty of responsibility, although you may take this to extremes at times by becoming too perfectionist or nit-picking. You find it easy to handle money and are especially successful when you're self-employed- you have the requisite stamina and desire to do well. You are loving and need a harmonious relationship, yet you can be intolerant of people who don't measure up to your high standards, not only emotionally but also physically and sartorially.

Again, interesting.....looks like mom and God were up to something. Everything I read is true to who I am today. This is a testament of how names for children is important. My prayer is that God gives me names for my future children that will speak to their character and identity in Him.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment