Sunday, July 27, 2014

Preparation is key for our next level in Christ

As I began cleaning out my room and other areas of the house today, I sifted through old documents and items, discarding the unnecessary clutter. I began to praise God for clearing out the old and making way for the new. That's what this journey has been for me. Since I was a kid, I've always been nostalgic, collecting souvenirs and cherishing past memories of key moments in my life. I always had a bad habit of holding on to too much unnecessary stuff to the point I was overly cluttered. As I came across certain items, I began to group everything into two categories: 1. Important documents  2. scrapbook material.  I trashed anything that wasn't needed anymore. It's amazing how the simplest tasks we complete daily, weekly, or monthly can minister and check us. As I took a break, I was in my thoughts and it hit me that in order to go to the next level God is taking me, I have to prepare. I've always known this but it was amazing how God reminded me. I have to purge, removing the old, unnecessary things(old habits, old thought process), keeping what is important (faith, positive thinking, endurance, the Word, relationship with Christ) so that I can prepare for the each level God is elevating me to (moving to another dimension mentally and spiritually). Amazing, right? See, the key here is we can't continue to stay stagnant where we are. We have to constantly prepare ourselves, growing and pruning ourselves so we can take on new dimensions. I've had to learn this the hard way. Where we are now is not the final destination. I'm so thankful for this season I'm in and the seasons to come. This season has been a season of stepping out on faith, accountability, endurance, and preparation for what's to come.  I've said it numerous times and I will never get tired of sharing how God is amazing with His love, reproof, and power to transform all situations and circumstances.  Everyday is a new day to learn and embrace God's truth, consistently being better than your former self. Note to Self: Change is the first step, Preparation includes the necessary tests, and Elevation is the miraculous journey that lies ahead.


Peace and blessings,


Kevin Vasser, "Only You Can Deliver" http://youtu.be/K_XU0ZULkzM?list=PLE401A4D06A5B87F4

No comments:

Post a Comment