Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Healing needs to take place......My reason for writing:-)

I was startled this morning by a dream I had where towards the end, there was an image of me walking in a group of people and all of a sudden I fell to the ground on my knees and I couldn't get up. The pain in my knees was so extreme that I had no choice but to kneel down. After that image, my alarm went off and I was puzzled. As I looked down at my phone, the time was 6:45 and I saw a missed call and text from my coworker. As I read that, I was thinking to myself, "What is going on?" I began to feel a slight pain in my knees which was similar to my dream so I immediately began to pray for my coworker, myself, loved ones, and anyone else that came to mind. I called to check on him and he said that he felt light-headed this morning and he needed to rest. He didn't want to risk fainting at work.  I thought about the image I saw again. Could my dream have been alluding to what was going on with him? Or was it something else?  As I began my morning, I received text messages back to back regarding prayer requests for a few of my church family who were dealing with health issues. When I checked my facebook page this morning, I saw that a friend had lost his father. I just kept seeing things where people were dealing with financial loss, health issues, death, etc. It was heart-wrenching. As I was thinking about the dream I had, I was asking God what did it mean. As I thought about it, all I could think was that I needed to fall on my knees and pray to the point where I couldn't get up anymore. I know it sounds extreme but that's the truth. I need to get back into God's presence more and not let daily routines and tasks carry me away.  I refuse to have another year like 2012 where I was dealing with a lot and not spending time in God's presence.  Healing and restoration needs to take place right now not only for myself but my brothers and sisters.  I believe in the power of prayer and how it can transform situations and circumstances. This statement is for whoever is reading this right now: I don't know about you, but I'm tired of seeing the same things happening over and over again within our families, school systems, job market, etc. Change has to happen now and it comes with prayer and belief. Prayer is communicating with God. Belief is trusting that God will allow the process to unfold in His timing.

 In the midst of everything this morning, I just thanked God for where He has me right now. I know by writing and sharing my trials and triumphs is healing and freeing someone right now. Thank you Lord for giving me a voice to express and words to write. My story continues.....



God bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment