Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Be encouraged and JUST WRITE


I've recently joined a Writer's Critique Group with my church and every last Thursday of the month, we meet to give feedback, accountability, and encouragement to each other. The name of the group is JUST WRITE and it's been a wonderful experience learning from other writers as well as challenging myself to do more with my writing.  At our last meeting, I was recently given a challenge to use the words JUST WRITE to create affirmations for myself during devotional time as I embark on my writing journey. As I was brainstorming and writing, the process reminded me of when I was a teenager. I would come up with different acronyms and quotes as encouragement to help me remember things. Here are my affirmations I wrote last night:

J.  Jesus is the light, the way, and the truth.
U. Utilize all of your gifts for the Kingdom
S.  Speak over yourself God's truth

T. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
 

W.We are more than conquerors
R. Refresh and renew your mind and spirit in the Word
I.   I am a child of God, fearfully and wonderfully made. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
T.  Telling your story will free others.
E.  Encourage yourself and others. Embrace the pain, accept the process, and evolve in your purpose.



Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment