Monday, September 1, 2014

September: Month of Divine Elevation

Today is the first day of September. I'm so thankful to have made it to another month. August, the 8th month was the month of new beginnings, new creations, and a new birth. It was a time of preparation, leaving behind the old and bringing forth the new. Now we are in the 9th month, the month of elevation. I love the spiritual meaning behind numbers so here are the following excerpts from a great book that I've been reading, "Biblical Mathematics, Keys to Scripture Numerics: How to Count the Bible" by Evangelist Ed. F. Vallowe: "The number nine speaks of FINALITY or DIVINE COMPLETENESS FROM THE LORD. NINE is the number for the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT. NINE comes after EIGHT, which represents the NEW BIRTH. After having a good tree, the next thing to expect is good fruit from that tree. "Make the tree good, and his fruit good." (Matthew 12:33) The good fruit follows as the result of the tree being made good. The tree (man) is made good in the NEW BIRTH. As NINE follows EIGHT, so the good fruit, the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT, follows as the result of the NEW BIRTH.

"Paul mentions NINE "fruit of the Spirit" in Galatians 5:22-23, "But the Fruit of the Spirit is 1. love, 2. joy, 3. peace, 4. longsuffering, 5. gentleness, 6. goodness, 7. faith, 8. meekness, 9. temperance: against such there is no law." In 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 Paul mentions NINE gifts of the Spirit. "For to one is given by the Spirit 1. the word of Wisdom; to another 2. the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; to another 3. faith by the same Spirit; to another 4. the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; to another 5. the working of miracles; to another 6. prophecy; to another 7. discerning of spirits; to another 8. diverse kinds of tongues; to another 9. the interpretation of tongues."

"In the law concerning the Sabbath year and what follows, there is both a picture of the NEW BIRTH and also the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT. God said to Israel, "When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a Sabbath unto the Lord. Six years  thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof: but in the seventh year shall be a rest unto the land, a Sabbath for the Lord: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard." (Leviticus 25:2-4) In the same chapter they are told what they should eat in the SEVENTH, EIGHT, and the NINTH years. "And if ye say, What shall we eat the seventh year? Behold we shall not sow, nor gather in our increase: then I will command my blessing upon you the sixth year, and it shall bring forth fruit for three years. And ye shall sow the EIGHTH year, and eat of the fruit until the NINTH year; until her fruit come in ye shall eat of the old store."(verses 20-22).

In this new month, I am embracing and trusting God to elevate me to a new level and dimension in Him. These last few months have been uncomfortable, growing pains. There has been a lot of pruning and purging of old habits. I've had moments of vulnerability and stepping out on faith. Although I've experienced rejection from man, I know that it is in those moments that I've continuously trust God wholeheartedly even when I don't understand. I can recall a friend telling me last year that he had a dream where I informed him that I was pregnant. I was shocked at the revelation in the physical sense but my spirit uttered that I'm pregnant with purpose. These "labor pains" that I'm enduring is causing me to produce a new thing. I'm so excited!! Of course there's going to be some warfare as I go further but it's so worth the joy of walking in my purpose and pleasing the Lord with my obedience. I'm thankful and grateful for this time.




Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment