Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Book Review: 3627 by MiMi Q. Atkins

This past Resurrection weekend, I finally finished a great read from author MiMi Q. Atkins. Check out my review of her first fiction Christian romance, '3627':
Faith, Hope, and Love intertwine two souls from two different worlds.
My copy of '3627'

Before reading 3627, I hadn't picked up a Christian novel or any other genre of fiction in a long time. I only had one other Christian romance novel (purchased in 2007) in my collection which I still haven't finished to this day. After that, I became more engrossed in non-fiction inspirational/self-help books. Thanks to 3627, my desire to read fiction books again has resurfaced. The story of Rumor and Holden has touched my heart in a way that I haven't experienced in a long time since, "A Walk To Remember" (one of my favorite movies as a teenager). There were moments in the story where I would see myself in Rumor and Holden, while at times feeling convicted. No other book has challenged me or brought me to a place of conviction and repentance the way that 3627 has done. At every turn of each page, I could tell that the author was led by the Holy Spirit with each word. Oh, and the details!! As an avid reader and writer, I am very detail-oriented and love stories that are written the same. I am still in awe of the details in 3627 and how they were so intricately written. I could literally picture the places and the characters as if I was right there with them. I witnessed hope, faith, and love between two people from two different worlds with a commonality, brokenness. Through their story, I felt hope again. A hope that there is a God-fearing gentleman out there for me that will love me past my flaws and I will love him the same and we will both continue to bring each other closer to Christ every day. Most importantly, 3627 reminded me that the Lord gives me hope and promises me that through His love and my faith in Him, I am whole. I wish I could say more, but you will have to read it yourself to enjoy this beautiful, timeless treasure that is 3627. May you all be blessed by this book. I know I was.  Thank you, MiMi; I'm looking forward to your next masterpiece!😄 


7 comments:

  1. Wow. Thank you for your attention to detail and for sharing how much the book impacted you.

    I am beyond honored that you would write a blog/book review on "3627." It really was a joy to write and a testament of faith, hope, and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Anytime! It was a pleasure reading it.

      Delete
  2. Great review..I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with you on this one. Ive never read a book that was a love story but was true bout everyday life. We all have flaws, but I thank God he sees past all of them.I could go on and on about this book. This is not my opinion because who she is to me but this is the truth from the depths of my soul.Mimi, keep letting God use you for his glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! MiMi is a talented and gifted author. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. Your book is intersting, i'd love to. i followed your blog. i have one to. i am glad if you follow me back atquà tặng tết. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete